6ML Reservoir & Distribution
- 400/275/88kV substation
- GIS specialised building
- Earthworks, buildings, roads, concrete, fencing, storm water drainage system
- 40 000m3 for earthworks
- 1700m3 concrete
- 1500m fencing
- 200+ foundation structures
- Sebenza, the largest substation of City Power, was a complicated but successful build. The technology was new and there were also multiple stakeholders that had to be co-ordinated.
- Engkon was one of the contractors to CONCO and had 5 sub-contractors of its own and managed 130 people.
- Engkon took away several learnings from this project – In particular, the importance of choosing the right people; the extra lead times when dealing with multiple stakeholders; and the importance of strong relationships and collaboration.
POWER & TRANSMISSION