Engkon was founded by Piet Engelbrecht in 1987. Engkon is a Civil Engineering firm specialising in Structural, Industrial and Water Retaining Concrete Works.
Our FoundationsEngkon has been built on long-lasting, trusting relationships. Where business partners know you will deliver on what you promise.
- We view every project as if our lives depended on it’s success
- We deliver on project requirements rather than the contract, and are flexible to customer specifications
- We strive for innovative solutions to all types of projects
- Teamwork is essential for us and we adopt a non-confrontational approach to all our projects
- Engkon has always had a good philosophy toward its people, as we understand that they form the backbone of our organisation
- We view projects as the vehicle to develop personnel
- We believe in people who have done the work and gained the experience and understand the industry
- We promote teamwork and everyone taking responsibility for their tasks
- We view business as the catalyst for social change
- Development of sustainable African businesses are at the cornerstone of an African success story
- We believe in the empowerment of African businesses
CEO - BEng (Civil Engineering), BEng (Hons)Piet is the founder and CEO of Engkon Construction. 40 Years’ experience in civil and structural engineering and construction. Piet has been the main contractor on over 60 civil engineering projects, delivering successfully on projects exceeding R100m in value
EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN - BCom (Finance &Economics) , BCom (Hons), MSc (Economics), MCom (Economics
Derek is the Letsema Holdings Group CEO. He has a long standing relationship with Engkon & the Engelbrecht family. Experience across a range of sectors with key expertise in strategy formulation, capital raising, business scaling, growth and development.
NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - BA (Hons) US, MPhil (Oxon)Isaac is the founder and Chairman of Letsema Holdings. His key accolades include: Aspen Institute board member & Henry Crown Fellow; Chairman Wits Business School; Founder and Chairman of the African Leadership Initiative; Non-executive director of listed Barloworld Limited.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - Dip Financial Management, CIMA Financial AccountingKaren oversees finance, compliance and HR function at Cirebelle and heads up Letsema holdings shared services platform. 15 Years of experience in Financial and Administration Management (11 of which is within the Letsema Holdings Group) for a wide range of subsidiaries & associates, both operational and investment holding companies.